Do you have a missing tooth or teeth that embarrasses you? Or perhaps missing teeth are causing your other teeth to become worn because you are eating on one side of your mouth only. Or it could be that you have a misshapen, discolored, broken, cracked, worn down or chipped tooth. If any of these are what you are experiencing, getting a dental crown may solve this issue.
What is a Dental Crown?
Also called a tooth crown, dental crowns or porcelain crowns are caps for your original teeth made from a sturdy material that can replace your damaged or missing tooth.
- A tooth crown can be placed over a broken or chipped tooth to repair it and keep it from cracking or chipping more.
- Dental crowns can be placed over a tooth that is discolored. Because the dentist uses material that is matched to your other teeth, the porcelain crowns will look natural.
- A tooth crown functions just like a natural tooth. You can eat and chew with no discernible difference than if it were your original tooth.
- Dental crowns can be placed on either side of a missing tooth, and have a bridge or denture placed over the gap, securing the dental device.
- A tooth crown can fill out your mouth as it is the same size as your natural tooth. Your cheeks won’t get that sunken in look from having missing or worn down teeth.
- If you have a large cavity, a tooth crown can prevent the tooth from having more decay.
- Dental crowns can be placed on the top of a dental implant. These porcelain crowns restore your smile as if you never had a missing tooth.
- A dental crown requires no special treatment. Just brush and floss as you usually do and see your dentist regularly. And the bonus of porcelain crowns is they will never get a cavity!
Call today about getting dental crowns or visit our office in Lodi near Galt and Stockton. We want your smile to look lovely and at its healthiest and porcelain crowns may give you the smile of your dreams! Check our Cosmetic Dentistry page and find out with option best fits you!